How to choose stuffed toys
I am a first time mom and want to share from experience , how to pick out a proper stuffed toy for baby . If you are trying to find a stuffed toy for baby , I want to offer up this advice : Although great for children , It's not such a good idea to get the ones with the plastic eyes / noses . You wanna try to be more selective for baby . Hopefully I can save someone from the scare I experienced ! If you have or are choosing a stuffed toy for a baby , cinsider avoiding any small plastic pieces ; as baby can chew them off creating a potential chocking hazard ! It is safest to look for stuffed toys without the plastic eyes / noses . You can find ones with threaded eyes that are just as enjoyable for baby , or you could take out the plastic eyes and securely sew up some stitch eyes . If you like crafts , maybe get creative and use heart patches for eyes etc...
Finding the right stuffed animal for you may be a challenge if you can't choose between different types. There are teddies and stuffed giraffes, seals, rabbits, cats, dogs and more. How will you choose the one that's right for you? Here you'll find some useful suggestions for working that out before overfilling your room with a menagerie of too many toys!
Step 1.: Think about how you want your stuffed animal to look like. There are many possibilities in a stuffed animal, such as:
· Are you looking for a spotted animal, or a solid-colored animal?
· Are you looking for a squishy animal, or a more solid animal?
· Are you looking for a plushie, a knitted, a furry, a plastic?
· Do you want a very big animal you can sit on or a small animal to put in your pocket?
Base the choice on which animal you like the most. There are many choices, from giraffes and kangaroos to the common teddy bear. Most common animals include:
· Teddy bears
Think outside the box. You don't have to get one of those if you want to be different. You could get a monkey, a lion or even an octopus! If you really like dogs or cats, try getting one that looks like your favorite breed. You could have a bright green snake with a colourful pattern, or a moose with bells on its antlers, or a hyena with gold and orange streaks.
Go to thrift stores or garage sales to find an animal. Sometimes the best animals are ones that have been stitched up and redecorated. It makes them look edgy, interesting and unique (personalize it, because it will be identical to the ones from the store) . If you want a new animal try a toy store. Ask around friends if they have any old stuffed animals they are willing to give to you. Always check for stains or rips before buying. Don't buy a stuffed animal that is too expensive.
Give your stuffed animal a name! Don't go with something anyone would name their stuffed animal, like "Rover" for a dog, "Simba" for a lion, or "Bananas" for a monkey. Use words from a different language or name it after a family member or past pet. Choose a name that suits him/her.
Dress your bear. Purchase them or make clothes at home. You can also give accessories to your stuffed animal, like purses and collars.
Make your stuffed animal a home. Take an old shoe box or use the corner of your room. Add some decorations and make/buy some big doll furniture. Get old towels and scraps of fabric or felt to make a bed. Also make or buy some toys for your stuffed animal. You can also use dog or cat toys.
· You can make clothes for him/her out of many things you can find around the house.
· When naming him/her, don't name him/her like someone else you know, the person will get very confused.
· When you name your new (or old) friend, think carefully. Be sure to name him/her something you will not think is childish in a few years. Of course, nonsense names never get old, but it's hard to find good ones, and to remember them.
· It's a good idea to name your companion after a deceased relative, so you can pretend he or she is still here, but if that idea makes you too sad or you don't have any (lucky you!), try to name her/him after something your friend represents.
· You could name it after a trait, a Webkinz Green Earth Pup could be Bloom, or Eco. Or name it after a book character, like Katniss, or if a puppy, how about a fun twist, and name her Pupniss.
· Give it a unique name that isn't popular at all, or just make it up.